Monday, February 21, 2011

The Laundry Continues...

Behind me right now lurks a pile of something that could resemble clothes...if not for the mass of wrinkles rendering each item unrecognizable. Time for my ironing board and more stress on my "Repetitive Activity Wrist Injury". I could tell my husband that I cannot iron due to Doctor's orders and I would not be lying...but he is down in sunny Alabama for one more day. So I will ignore the wrinkles and get some Downy Wrinkle release tomorrow! That is a much better idea.

I have been painting like a whirling dervish. My Adult ADD is having a hard time picking a room to paint and I currently have not two but THREE unfinished painting projects right now. Thus the Wrist injury. I woke this morning with a horrible pain in my wrist when I try to rotate it and I actually thought I fractured it in my mad dash to rearrange the WHOLE house before my family descends again. But the good Dr says I will be fine, "Just Don't do anything with it...don't try to push it". Yeah right.

My latest endeavor is the girls room which had JUST been painted a plain white with boring yellow trim that both girls were very unenthusiastic about, but my littlest said one night..."Where my pink wall Mommy?". So out I went into the cold night air to buy the brightest pepto bismol pink possible. I toned it down myself and went to town...it looks good. My husband is horrified however, but I am the girl so I get to choose their paint color with them. Also in the "Works" which means ripped apart, is the little parlor off the girls room which is now my "CRAFT ROOM"!
Pretty exciting stuff I have to say. I picked a dark coral color which my sister advised against and a light beautiful coral for the accent wall. I will be doctoring the dark coral in a few days and trying again, but my wrist has made it all come to a standstill.

My home school attempt has failed miserably and my relieved eldest daughter is now enrolled in the preschool of her dreams with swimming and kids to play with. She is in preschool heaven and now I have nap time back! Perfect crime. I never said I would be good at this SAHM stuff. Next year I am going to be on my own all day with the littlest and I won't lie and say I am looking forward to it. I get bored really easily and it is hard to find ways to entertain her as I am always thinking about the things I have to get done. This weekend with my husband and oldest children away she and I have had some time to ourselves and I did not do dishes for FOUR days so I could play with her. It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment