Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Well, this is officially my first blog post. I hope to not bore you my lone reader. I am getting ready to start my year of rediscovery and homeschooling my two girls. As far as the rediscovery goes, well my sister always says after each baby, I am in a haze for 1 year. This time it has taken 2 years for me to emerge from my baby mania. Mostly due to the fact that this is my last baby and she has taken the house by storm. My days are occupied with following her around with a dust pan and trashcan hoping to minimize the damage. Things are starting to settle down and I am starting to pull out my trusty Montessori Homeschooling materials for her and her sister. Hand washing and clearing are just one of the things that the other kids were well versed in, that she refuses to do. NIP IN BUD!!! I am taking the rest of the summer to prepare for the onslaught of the new school year and get her under control.

Tonight I am making a cake for my friends daughter. It is 11:00 and I am going to start work on it as soon as I am done here. A blue princess castle chocolate cake with Cookies and Cream filling from one of my favorite cake books, the Whimsical Bakehouse. They make beautiful, bright, happy cakes that taste wonderful. Grmmm...Hopefully it will look better than the last one! I will post pics of the finished result, in case anyone is interested!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1st blog posting and the blue princess castle chocolate cake with Cookies and Cream filling sounds challenging and I hope it does well for you. Great to hear you are over your baby mania LOL LOL. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Someone saw my blog! Thanks for the comment! I am starting to post more so if you are still interested there will be more to come!

    ReplyDelete